What happens when you take a celebrated dessert from Iran called Akbar Mashti Bastani (or Ice-cream) and put a spin on it and make it into a sundae? Well, you get the delicious and lip-smacking Akbar Mashti Bastani Sundae!
Akbar Mashti Bastani Sundae
- 4 Tbsp Warm Milk
- A pinch of Saffron
- 2 Cups Vanilla Ice-cream
- 200 g Condensed Milk
- ¼ Cup Rose Water
- Saffron Soaked Milk (as required)
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Pistachios
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- TO Assemble:
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Saffron Milk
- Vanilla cake
- Chopped Dry Fruits
- Silver Vark/Foil
- In a small bowl, pour the warm milk into the saffron and let it infuse.
- In another bowl, mix together vanilla ice cream, condensed milk, rose water, saffron milk, chopped pistachios and freshly ground cardamom powder. Keep it in the freezer to set until semi-soft.
- To make the soaking milk, 2 tbsp mix condensed milk, 1/2 cup milk and the remaining saffron milk.
- In a tall glass, put some cake pieces, soak with saffron milk. Top with semi-soft ice cream mixture and then sprinkle nuts.
- Repeat the layers and finally garnish with some silver vark. Serve chilled.