Cardamom is one of those exotic spicy herbs that you can get addicted to in no time at all. Plain vanilla caramel is common place and easy to make and even though it’s quite delectable, cardamom infused vanilla caramel is better! Here is a mouth watering recipe for a cardamom cream which when combined with the vanilla caramel makes it simply heavenly.
Cardamom Vanilla Caramel
For the cardamom cream:
- 4 Cups Heavy Cream
- 18 Green Cardamom Pods For the vanilla caramel:
- 4 Cups of Cardamom-infused cream
- 1 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Cups Light Corn Syrup Sugar
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Cardamom
- ½ Pound Salted Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
Cardamom infused cream:
Once you’ve crushed the cardamom take the cream and then add the crushed cardamom to it. Mix it well so that the cardamom becomes engulfed in the cream. Then let it stay overnight before removing the pods. Your cardamom cream is ready to be used.
- Take a half sheet pan and spray it with the vegetable oil. If you don’t have the spray, use your hand to spread a thin layer of vegetable oil all over the pan. Then set it aside for later use.
- Then take the condensed milk and cardamom cream and combine them in a saucepan. Set this aside for alter use too.
- Next, mix the corn syrup, water, sugar, crushed cardamom and salt together in another saucepan. Now cook this mixture till all the sugar has dissolved. This should take around ten minutes, take or give two minutes. Keep stirring to prevent mixture from sticking to the bottom or sides.
- Now bring the heat down to medium and let the saucepan simmer on its own. Cook for around forty five minutes or till the mixture’s temperature has become 250 degrees. Use a thermometer to ensure this.
- The next step must be executed with caution. You have to mix the butter and condensed milk mixture with this sugar solution, simultaneously stirring and boiling. No lumps should be formed. Cook the mixture for another hour or till the temperature becomes 244 degrees. Keep stirring at all times. Once this temperature is attained add the vanilla.
- Without scraping anything off the saucepan, pour the entire mixture into the pan we had set aside in the first step. Let it settle into a flat layer and harden. That will take around fifteen minutes. Once it has attained a semi solid state, press some sea salt on its surface and then let it stay for at least 24 hours. 7. Once it has hardened completely. Take it out of its makeshift mould and then cut into pieces of your preferred size and serve.