A traditional Greek baked goodie but infused with cardamom and dipped in chocolate! What could be better?
Greek Cardamom Melomakarona (Cookies)
- 150 ml Olive Oil
- 100 ml Orange Juice
- 15 g Castor Sugar
- 200 g All Purpose Flour
- 50 g Semolina
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Cardamom Powder
- For the syrup
- 200 g Castor Sugar
- 150 ml Water
- ½ Orange (cut into rough pieces)
- 3-5 Pods of Emperor Akbar Cardamoms
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- Mix the olive oil, orange juice and castor sugar in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Shape them into desired shapes and place on a butter paper lined baking tray.
- Bake the cookies in a pre heated 180 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or they are golden brown.
- For the syrup, put everything in a pan and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Turn the heat off and let it come to room temperature.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, dip them into the sugar syrup and take them out in 10-15 seconds.
- Dip the cookies in melted dark chocolate and let it cool. Enjoy!