With the very mention of the word cheese cake, flashes in the mind an image of a tempting dessert with a crunchy tasty crust topped with a thick, smooth and delicious layer of cream cheese. Orange and cardamom cheese cake is a variant of this classic dessert with the tantalizing flavor and exotic fragrance of orange and green cardamom. The orange cardamom cheese cake can be made at home by following the easy recipe given below.
Orange and Cardamom Cheese cake
- 75 g - Butter
- 150 g - Digestive biscuits
- 200 g - Full fat cream cheese
- 125 g - Condensed milk
- 1 Tsp - Green cardamom (powdered)
- 2 tbsp - Muscovado sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp - Icing sugar
- Orange rind and juice from 1 orange
- Whipped cream and orange segments for garnish
- Add butter to a large bowl and allow it to soften. Grind the biscuits to fine crumbs in a food processor.
- In another bowl crush take the biscuits crumbs and add the softened butter to it. Mix well to combine both the ingredient properly.
- Take a loose bottomed cake tin, 6” in diameter, grease the base and layer the biscuit- butter mixture evenly over it.
- Press the mixture well on the base to help it settle down firmly. Place the cake tin in an oven preheated at 325°F. Bake for 45 minutes and then remove from the oven and keep aside to cool.
- Now take a large bowl, add cream cheese and beat well to soften aptly. Then add the condensed milk and mix further. Add in the cardamom powder, muscavado sugar, eggs, orange juice and rind.