Cardamom flavoured rice kheer is one of the Indian traditional dessert usually made during festivals and celebrations. In addition, it is a very popular during the month of Ramadan, as ingredients are readily available at home and easy to cook.
- 600 ml Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Basmati Rice
- 6-8 tsp Organic Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Nuts (Cashew/Almond/Raisin/Pistachio)
- 1 tsp Ghee for frying nuts
- A pinch of Saffron
- Wash rice a few times and drain completely
- Chop the nuts and set aside.
- Pour 1/4 cup water to a pot. This prevents kheer from getting scorched at the bottom.
- Then pour milk and bring to a boil. Keep stirring.
- Add drained rice and begin to cook on a medium flame untill rice is soft, completely cooked andlightly mushy.
- Add sugar and continue to cook untill rice kheer turns thick.
- Add cardamom powder, chopped nuts, saffron. Stir and continue to cook for 5 mins
- Turn off the flame, kheer thickens once it cools down. Garnish kheer with more nuts and serve.