Saffron & Dates Granola is nutritious, flavorful & a perfect meal. Packed with flavours of saffron and other dry nuts it is best served with cardamom milk. During Ramadan, a delicious way to start fasting.
Saffron & Dates Granola
- 125 gm Oats
- 5 tbsp Honey 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Saffron crushed
- 25 gm Almond flakes
- 25 gm Dates (chopped)
- 5 gm flax seeds (optional)
- For Cardamom Milk (Single serving)
- 100 ml Milk
- 2 -3 pods of cardamom
- Pre heat the oven for about 10 minutes @ 160 degrees. Line the tray with baking sheet
- Mix together all the ingredients in the oat until combined
- Spread the prepared mix on the lined tray.
- Place the tray in the oven & bake for 10 minutes or until toasted.
- From time to time check the granola when in oven as it has the tendency to burn quickly.
- Cool completed & break into clumps and store in an airtight jar.
- For CARDAMOM MILK:
- In a bowl, pour milk. Add in cardamom pods. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Cool.