Sheer Khurma is a festival vermicelli pudding prepared, especially during the month of Ramadan. It is considered as one of the most delicious and traditional festive recipe enjoyed by Muslim community across the globe. It is very popular throughout the Indian subcontinent and Central Asia
- 500 ml Milk (full cream)
- 50 gm Vermicelli (broken into small pieces), roasted
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Dates (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Almonds (cut into pieces)
- 1/4 cup Pistachios
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Take a pan and pour ghee in it.
- Add almonds, raisins and pistachios to it. Sauté well.
- Now in another hot pan with ghee, add vermicelli. Roast well.
- In another wide pan simmer the milk till it thickens, add sugar and simmer again.
- Add the roasted vermicelli and dry fruits along with dates and saffron.
- Mix well till simmer. Add cardamom powder. Bring to simmer.
- Serve chilled, garnished with dates.