A traditional Greek baked cookies infused with orange juice and cardamom made even more decadent when dipped in chocolate. Every time you bake it, it smells like Christmas!
- 150 ml - Olive oil
- 100 ml - Orange juice
- 15 g - Castor sugar
- 200 g - All purpose flour
- 50 g - Semolina
- ¼ tsp - Baking soda
- ½ tsp - Cardamom powder
For the Syrup:
- 200 g - Castor sugar
- 150 ml - Water
- ½ - Orange (cut into rough pieces)
- 3-5 pods - Emperor Akbar Cardamom
- 3 tbsp - Honey
How to make Greek Cardamom Melomakarona (Cookies):
- Mix the olive oil, orange juice and castor sugar in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Shape them into desired shapes and place on a butter paper lined baking tray.
- Bake the cookies in a pre-heated 180 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- For the syrup, put everything in a pan and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Turn the heat off and let it come to room temperature.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, dip them into the sugar syrup and take them out in 10-15 seconds.
- Dip the cookies in melted dark chocolate and let it cool. Enjoy!