What happens when you take a celebrated dessert from Iran called Akbar Mashti Bastani (or ice-cream) and give it an English twist? Well, you get the delicious and lip-smacking Akbar Mashti Bastani Sundae!
- 4 tbsp - Warm milk
- A pinch of Saffron
- 2 cups - Vanilla ice-cream
- 200 g - Condensed milk
- ¼ Cup - Rose water
- Saffron Soaked Milk (as required)
- 2 tbsp - Chopped pistachios
- 1 tsp - Cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup - Milk
- Saffron Milk
- Vanilla cake
- Chopped dry fruits
- Silver vark / foil
How to make Akbar Mashti Bastani:
- In a small bowl, pour warm milk into the saffron and let it infuse.
- In another bowl, mix together vanilla ice cream, condensed milk, rose water, saffron milk, chopped pistachios and freshly ground cardamom powder. Keep it in the freezer to set until semi-soft.
- To make the soaking milk, 2 tbsp mix condensed milk, 1/2 cup milk and the remaining saffron milk.
- In a tall glass, put some cake pieces, soak with saffron milk. Top with semi-soft ice cream mixture and then sprinkle nuts.
- Repeat the layers and finally garnish with some silver vark. Serve chilled.