Sheer Khurma is a vermicelli pudding. It is considered as one of the most delicious and traditional festive recipe enjoyed by people across the globe. It is very popular throughout the Indian subcontinent and Central Asia. Delicious, creamy and wholesome with a lot of nuts.
- 500 ml - Milk (full cream)
- 50 gm - Vermicelli (broken into small pieces), roasted
- 1/4 cup - Sugar
- 2 tbsp - Dates (chopped)
- 1/4 cup - Raisins
- 1/4 cup - Almonds (cut into pieces)
- 1/4 cup - Pistachios
- 1/4 cup - Ghee
- 1/2 tsp - Saffron
- 1/2 tsp - Cardamom powder
How to make Sheer Khurma:
- Take a pan and pour ghee in it.
- Add almonds, raisins and pistachios to it. Sauté well.
- Now in another hot pan add ghee and vermicelli. Roast well.
- In another wide pan simmer the milk till it thickens, add sugar and simmer again.
- Add the roasted vermicelli and dry fruits along with dates and saffron.
- Mix well till simmer. Add cardamom powder. Bring to simmer.
- Serve chilled, garnished with dates.