An Indian traditional dessert usually made during festivals and celebrations. Easy to cook; with ingredients readily available at home. Savour the delicate flavours of cardamom in this Indian delicacy!
- 600 ml - Milk
- 1/2 cup - Water
- 1/4 cup - Basmati rice
- 6-8 tsp - Organic sugar
- 1/2 tsp - Cardamom powder
- Nuts (Cashew/Almond/Raisin/Pistachio)
- 1 tsp - Ghee for frying nuts
- A pinch of Saffron
How to make Kheer:
- Wash rice a few times and drain completely.
- Chop the nuts and set aside.
- Pour 1/4 cup water to a pot. This prevents Kheer from getting scorched at the bottom.
- Then pour milk and bring to a boil. Keep stirring.
- Add drained rice and begin to cook on a medium flame until rice is soft, completely cooked and lightly mushy.
- Add sugar and continue to cook until rice kheer turns thick.
- Add cardamom powder, chopped nuts, saffron. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, kheer thickens once it cools down. Garnish kheer with more nuts and serve.